Thursday, September 3, 2015

Looking into Adoption / Medical Help to Achieve Pregnancy



   The past few days, Sean and I have been looking into options regarding adoption. I have researched private adoption agencies in our local area. Also I am seriously considering foster-to-adopt. In the past year, all I was focused on was conceiving naturally. Due to the fact that I am going to require more medical assistance, such as Chlomid to help me ovulate or maybe even IVF. The thing that worries me about IVF, is the cost versus chance of success. I want to start doing the paperwork, and get the ball rolling. Sean is going to do more research on the steps needed, especially being a Military family. I know that it might be a little more difficult, but honestly providing a loving home for a child in need will more than make up for it. I long to be a mother, and despite the fact that I want to experience pregnancy and have a child of my own. I also want to be a mother more than having a baby myself.

      I am hoping to learn a lot about the different options that lay ahead of us. Reach out to others who have adopted both civilian and military alike. I want to know about their experiences and learn from it. Reach out to other women in my situation who have tried the different medical options, what was their experience (side effects, cost, timeline, etc.) I have heard a lot of amazing things and stories about hopeless couples finally getting that dream come true. Unfortunately, being a military spouse and being on Tricare Prime, I am only aloud to see specific doctors with a referral if I want insurance to cover it. When we lived in Washington State, I had the best doctors a girl could ask for. Every single one of them were extremely supportive and helpful during my treatment there. Since moving to Colorado, I have had difficulties finding the right doctors. My referral to an Endocrinologist seems to have serious limitations, and its not guaranteed to be covered by my medical insurance. The treatments if not covered will most likely cost me a lot. That causes a little concern. So I am just going to have to do more research and call around to figure it out.

      So when it boils down to it, naturally having a baby isn't in the cards as of yet. So Sean and I have decided to get the ball rolling looking into ALL of our options. I am very excited to be doing this. If we go the adoption route, I hope that the home visit (inspection) goes flawlessly. I hope that we get to bond so perfectly with the child we adopt. And if we decide to go the medical route to get pregnant, I hope that I don't suffer too many side effects, and that I have a supportive doctor. Since any option we decide to go with is going to be emotional and not necessarily easy, I am glad to say I have met some new friends here, that are very cool and supportive. Also, that I have an amazing support system at home and through Sean's family.

      I will keep you all up to date with "the know". So far, I am loving blogging. It is therapeutic and easy. I suggest many people try this to connect and share with others. Hope you all have an amazing day. Smile, and have a happy Labor Day weekend.

Until next time,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment